2009年11月20日金曜日

The Myth and Truth about Me

This is probably my 3rd or 4th blog. All my previous blogs did not manage to celebrate their 1st birthday. I wonder how long would this blog survive. God knows.

Guess I need more motivations from YOU, my dear FRIENDS!

Many people had told me about their 1st impression or just some impressions of me before they really got to know me. They kind of amused me more than they surprised me.

Just felt like sharing this particular kind of comment I always got from people.

Many teachers, and perhaps some other people, thought that I was a very sporty person who must be involved in one kind of sport or other.

Just this afternoon, during my BMGT tutorial, the tutor found out that I was not a Singaporean and added that I looked very sporty to her. "You look very sporty and I thought you play sports like tennis." I laughed.

My lower secondary science teacher once asked me what CCA was I in (when she just happened to see me near the staff room) and was shocked to find out that I was only a member of a particular society. "I thought you were from some sports CCA, like volleyball or badminton." She remarked with disbelief. Again, I laughed.

At other instances outside of school, some much senior persons said almost the same thing.

So that One Myth about me is that "I am sporty".

The Truth is that "I don't consider myself sporty and I don't like outdoor activities very much because of the sun, sweat, smell... However I am health conscious enough to do some physical exercises in the evening or at night." (Wow, what a long truth)

Moral of the story, appearance and looks are deceiving, therefore never judge a book by its cover.

But it still made me wonder why those people who had thought me sporty thought me sporty. I asked Mum and she offered a fairly probable reason, "Girls with short hairs usually appear sporty." Yes, appear sporty, but not necessarily sporty.

And one more thing, I am wondering what was the pretty girl really thinking in her head when she kissed me today.